R17 v Centrals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R17 v Centrals

Post by saintal on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:00 pm

The 3rd placed Panthers host the 5th ranked Doggies as the Integrity Cup is again on the line.

South were dreadful after half time a fortnight ago against the Bays, while home ground advantage wasn’t enough for the Dogs against Sturt.

South are uncharacteristically undefeated from seven starts at Noarlunga, however damningly haven’t beaten the Dogs at the venue for a decade.

The ever reliable Matt Rose plays his 100th SANFL match, and his 50th for South.

To state the obvious it's a crucial match.

League
F: Seccull, Eddy, Gotch
HF: Overall, Ellison, Barnes
C: Brown, Veide, Irra
HB: Taylor, Fields, Gulden
B: Rose, Crabb, Rankine

R: Bass, Cross, Liddle
INT: De Visser, Heaslip, Newell, Durdin, McMahon
IN: Newell, Heaslip, De Visser
OUT: Schwarz (knee)

Reserves
Haines, Haren, Hitchcock, Steffe, Bartram, Trembath, Moyle, Jolly, Cailotto, Nichols, Wray, Fairlie, Hawkins, Kokkinakis, Need, Szust, Blackwell, Millman, Gillett.

Under-18
N. Beenham, Wilkinson, Coleman, Scanlan, Whitbread, Irra, Davies, R. Williams, Bruce, Fitt, Mountford, Daniels, Tyllis, L. Beenham, Whimpress, Krueger, Manuel, Colwell, Sowter, Steele, Snelling, McKinnon, Lawrie, Fitzgerald, Wright, Albanese, Draper.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: R17 v Centrals

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:19 pm

SA 15-6-96 CD 11-9-75
BEST — Seccull, Gotch, Rose, Cross, Liddle, Gulden, Durdin
Hard fought win & pleasing to break the 10 year hoo doo against the dogs at Noarlunga
Also great to see the boys step up with Crabby on the sidelines.
Probably need to work on lowering the turn over rate, handing Central a number of easy goals, due some skill errors.
Need to follow up now with a win against Westies at home.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Hey...pretty quiet in recent posts.....where have all the regular contributors gone?  

Always looked forward to reading my fellow posters views & comments.

Lacking in recent times (?)......hope not indicative of support dropping off.

Where are you all?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by lappy on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 am

Hi everyone ive been to every game this year i was happy with the win it was like a grandfinal for centrals and it was very important for us as well, could i put my coachs hat on for a minute I would tell Tom Fields when he kicks out from points none of these 15 metre kick outs sink the boot in it, I like Cam De Visser in our team to me he gives us that bit of tuffness in our backlines I hope Joe Haines gets a game soon he seems to be in the best players regular in 2nds, I thought earlier in the year Cam Hitchcock was our best player before he got injured, be a big bonus when hes back in the team One last note Rob Hawkins lad showed a bit, To me if we play to our best we can beat anyone
lappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Great Post Lappy...& insightful observations.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:00 am

Was interstate so unfortunately missed this one. Following the scores through the arvo it sounded like an entertaining battle. Always nice to knock off the Dogs..

4 BOGs in 5 weeks for Seccull. In superb form.

This forum, and a few other SANFL related ones have been dead quiet this season. Perhaps reflects the dropping attendances and feeling of apathy that has crept over the league.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:16 pm

The forum is alot quieter.

I think this is due to a few factors - the lack of interest in the SANFL since the AFL ressies sides have come in (some supporters have walked away) and also many posters are going on Facebook footy sites and posting on them.

Most SANFL footy sites have been deathly quiet in recent times.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum