R20 North @ Prospect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R20 North @ Prospect

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Getting to the pointy end of the season now!
Do we treat this game as a formality and rest a few? or do we leave it for the bye the following week?

Im thinking that North have the ability, and if they get their s--t together ,on the right day they could trouble anyone.
One thing we dont need now is a loss because of a poor attitude going into the game.So heres hoping the boys com out and blow them off Prospect oval.

Go Panthers!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: R20 North @ Prospect

Post by B&W63 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Gee its great to see such competition for places in the league side even with a few out for the season, can't remember such depth for a long time.

I hope the boys can control the game on that funny shaped oval on Saturday

Really pleased that the boys won so well last week. I have been disappointed to have missed the last couple of months because of health issues but really hoping that I am able to be there this week.
So thanks for the useful insights and observations on this site, its been terrific.

Go you mighty Panthers! Very Happy

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Veide having a rest this week. Hopefully the 2 weeks will get his knee right.

Solid side selected this week. Players pushing for a spot.

I think we need to keep the momentum going - not have a negative mindset.

List management is critical for us. Lets hope we can keep injury free for the last 2 games. Double chance is ours - surely we have a good chance for the ultimate prize ??? i am not religious but I am praying we can do this. bounce (gee, its hard to keep a lid on it !!! Laughing )
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Still a 'mathematical' chance we could finish 4th..or 1st..so need to keep winning. The guys will get another rest next week.

Veide didn't look great hobbling off last week. Hopefully only a precautionary week off.

North have dropped away in the back half of the season but wont be a push over on their home deck.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:02 am

saintal wrote:Still a 'mathematical' chance we could finish 4th..or 1st..so need to keep winning. The guys will get another rest next week.

Veide didn't look great hobbling off last week. Hopefully only a precautionary week off.  

North have dropped away in the back half of the season but wont be a push over on their home deck.

..Sadly, not good news...Jake Veide gone for the year with an ACL reco.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:08 am

NO NO NO NO!!!! Without Jake Veide that creates a HUGE loss on the eve of finals, i can't believe it!! Our club is surely cursed, really sad news for Jake and the team....shit!!!!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:41 pm

FFS!!
I am sure that all players will lift and give an extra effort til the end of the last game for Robot.
I know all clubs have injuries but Rolfe Redigolo Giddings Kerin and now Veide all season ending injuries its hard to comprehend.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:12 pm

&*^&!

Terrible news for Jake and the club.

Footy can be a cruel game.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:38 pm

South 18.4 defeated North 9.9

Flat first half which saw scores relatively even but South got on top in the middle after half time and North's pressure and skill level coming out of defense dropped away dramatically.

The club named Crabb, Rankine, Eddy, Rose, Cross and Liddle as best. Hard to argue with any of those. A few of Eddy's goals are certainly worthy of the highlight reel, as was Rankine's running goal in the final term after taking the mark just forward of centre. Liking what Haren has added since his return to the side. He's a guy I've been critical of at times but 6 goals in 2 weeks and more of a presence around the ground has been handy.

Pleasing to stitch up the double chance.

saintal

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum