Do we dare to dream..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do we dare to dream..?

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:05 pm

After years, -no generations of mediocrity, failure and disappointment..... do we finally have a chance? can we finally do it?
We've locked away a top 3 position ie a double chance.... sure Jake has gone down..but realistically we are in it up to our eyeballs..

Do we dare to dream...?
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we dare to dream..?

Post by Panther74 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:36 pm

I keep dreaming.

Double chance is going to help us. 2014 was tough to come from a Elimination Final.

Think we will most likely be playing Sturt in the first final. Sturt will have a few players back so it wont be as easy as the recent win.

Port power ressies worry me a bit. They are sitting at 6th with one game away from Central. I sadly feel after not making the AFL finals they will want to stack their side come SANFL finals.

I have to say the players seem to have the hunger and desire to come home with the chocolates this year. i still say if we won the premiership it would probably one of the greatest days of my life as I have been dreaming of it for 42 years, put up with the crap of being a South supporter in a school dominated by Glenelg supporters.

My Grandfather and Uncle who were both league property stewards stuck with them week in week out are no longer with us and never saw success (only 1964). My grandmother (no longer with us) was a die hard South supporter and most of all my dear mother who died of cancer in 2006 held my hand on the last night i saw her in hospital before she passed away. The words that always stuck with me was "stick with South's because they will win a grand final one day"

if we won it i think work would miss me for a week or too !!!!

I honestly can say - I think this is the year we can create something quite special. The eagles will be the ones to beat. We can do it though.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Yep, absolutely. 13 wins from 17 starts isn't a fluke. We've beaten every team in the comp along the way. Cant shy away from the fact we're a real contender..

Our good friends the Eagles are deserved flag favourites but will carry some demons from their GF shocker last year. Sturt on the bigger grounds have a ? mark next to them, and also have some youngsters who may be feeling the pinch. The Ravens will be dangerous I fear, especially with their senior side also in finals action and the ability to pick from a full list. Their familiarity with AO wont hurt them either. Centrals seem to grow a leg in finals and match up well on us. Hopefully Port fall short as they have been decent in the back half of the season.

Whilst our team 'on paper' doesn't quite match the 2014 version (imho), the other flag contenders are also not of the same quality of nwd/port/sturt of that year either. Leaving AO completely deflated after the Prelim that year only feels like yesterday really and it still burns, as I'm sure it does for everybody associated with the club.

If the Bloods can win the flag in 2015, South's 2016 side is certainly capable.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:55 pm

I agree keep dreaming, we're in a good position and everyone remembers 2 years ago when we got so close.

But 13 wins is a really good effort from the whole squad and after all these years I can't remember when we had such depth with 6 season ending injuries and still healthy competition for places in the league side.

Add to that some quality local lads from the juniors through to the league side and it makes me feel both confident and proud to be a member of the club. Very Happy
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffbag on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:26 am

One important factor about 2016, is that the team has final experience this time and know what to expect.

My dream is that not only they win but Liddle wins BOG as he have been there for the good and bad times.
Fluffbag

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Injuries are turning my dream into a nightmare, i know we have some depth but please footy gods give us a break. Potential ins E-Man, N Daniel, A Cailotto J Haines.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:40 pm

darley16 wrote:Injuries are turning my dream into a nightmare, i know we have some depth but please footy gods give us a break. Potential ins E-Man, N Daniel, A Cailotto J Haines.  

Yes sadly the footy gods don't seem to be in our side.

Take heart with our depth this year...include Sam Overall in the mix.

Feel for the players that have done the hard yards, only to sucumbe to injury & miss our finals campaign....it can be a cruel game (Rolfe, Redigolo, Veide & now Haren) - hopefully the boys on the park can use this as added motivation.

Am sure those players mentioned looking to break into the league will give their absolute all.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Ive heard from a good source...
Gulden-probably ok
Hitchcock- fine
Haren -gone for the year.

anyway..I think we have more depth and quality depth too, than we've had for years. Id be tipping Overall to come in for haren - if he's fit.
Enormous game this week....win it and we are one game from the GF with a second chance..
Go Panthers!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum