QF v Sturt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

QF v Sturt

Post by saintal on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:41 pm

South 7.9 defeated by Sturt 11.12

Goal Kickers: B. Eddy 3, S. Overall 2, R. Newell, R. Barnes
Best Players: M. Rose, X. Gotch, R. Newell, J. Cross

South kicked the opening couple of goals as the Blues butchered their chances, and from there on it really was an 'arm wrestle' for the first three terms. Felt as though South had more of it during the second but couldn't capitalise, while Sturt had the ball a lot in their forward half during the third but couldn't hit the scoreboard. Less than a goal in it at 3/4 time, but Sturt appeared to have more run in their legs, South unable to break a line during the third term. 6 goals to 2 in a disappointing final term.

Liddle probably South's best IMO. A real workhorse with 17 touches and 13 tackles. Rose got a lot of it. Eddy wasteful with 3.3 in another great battle with Stephens. Too many blokes let themselves down with their disposal. Not too many passengers for Sturt.

Tyson Brown lasted 5 mins before pinging his hammy, while Hitchcock was on and off with a crook ankle in a game he'd rather forget. Gotta feel for Brown, a local lad who has been on the list a long time and battled countless injuries, and was finally having some luck with his body until today.

190 tackles overall and 10 goals to 3/4 time would suggest it wasn't the greatest game to watch as a neutral, but at least the scores were tight.

Hard to see South challenging now, today was bitterly disappointing and has made the path all the more challenging Sad Pretty much the worst case scenario next week..taking on a full-strength Ravens on their home deck. The response will be interesting.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: QF v Sturt

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:41 am

Completely devastated, I cannot express words how I feel.
Still have another life, but feel that was our best chance.
Heartache, yet again!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:13 am

Shattered. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw fellow Southies supporting the Crow's in the early game too. I almost choked on my overpriced pasty.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Absolutely shattered.
Crying or Very sad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by lappy on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi everyone im shattered and misserable like every one else, could i tell everyone why i thought we lost this game, from the first quater we only had one fit man on the bench Sturt ran all over us in the last quater i thought we had about 5 players very well down on there form, For our team we need everyone to contribute and we are a very good team, Saturday we didnt get this, ALL IS NOT LOST We need the crows to win in a hard game Saturday night with a few injuries concerns so they rest a few players sunday against us ITS going to be hard for Brad Gotch at selection do you make changes or bassically leave team as it is, Im glad Im not the coach
lappy

Back to top Go down

Post by lappy on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:03 am

IDD like to add something on a funny note i love my SOuth Adelaide and the sanfl compertition ive been to every home and away game this year, one time when i went in to one of our home games the sanfl staff was having trouble with his scanner so i said dont worry im not going out again So i didnt get free tickets for the finals My work mates were all laughy at my expence because they got theres and only went to there home games My son paid for my ticket for fathers day
lappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Gutted by that result. Had very high expectations going into the match and we just didn't perform to the standards that we have set ourselves. It sounds like we may not have responded during the game to the way Sturt played (i.e. changed approach / positions to try and counter Sturt's style) - that's what I picked up from the radio call anyway. Next week is going to be really tough. I'm not optimistic right now but hope we can turn this around. Going out in straight sets would be a really disappointing way to end the season when we all know we are capable of winning the flag at our best.

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum