2011 season

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2011 season

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

pantherfromwayback wrote:Campbell has moved to Port Lincoln to play with his brother

Thanks for clearing that up. Very Happy
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:36 am

Any news the past week or so? For those who manage to get out to training occasionally, how are the recruits looking?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Looking real good.. reckon we'll still be a bit light.. but still impressive though
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:24 pm

bluecat wrote:Looking real good.. reckon we'll still be a bit light.. but still impressive though

Agree. Almost got run over by the boys running from the club to Christies HS at Colonnades when I got off the train.

Capital E for enthusiastic.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Went to training last night and was pretty impressed with what I saw.
The boys skill level and application seemed very encouraging,and the presence of Mitch Sandery will make a big difference to our backline this season! He looked very sharp, and we will need his run from the back pocket.
The new lad from the Geelong Falcons looked to have good skills and he moved well, sort of reminded me of a young Adam Cooney in looks and the way he moved.From what I saw he will be pushing for a league spot if not already in the minds of the coaching staff!
Keegan Brooksby also seemed more confident,and hopefully will improve enough to be pushing for a regular league spot. Tarak Redigolo has put on some bulk and looks the thickest set midfielder we have, he would have to lift his output by a bit to push ahead of some of the other similar players though.
Our midfield stocks although quite young seem the stongest they have been for a whlie, we probably lack a couple of wise old heads(I think are oldest player would be Josh Thewlis and he would only be 25?).
If we get regular service from Talia, Mckernan and Bass we will look like a pretty decent side, we certainly cannot rely on this to happen nor should we but it would free up Cocky to play at centre half forward and would make our forward line far more potent.
Early days but finals would be a big call, but we have a young side with plenty of up side. I sound like a broken record but for as bad as some of our games were last season we played some good ones and really could or should have won at least a few more.
We cant rely on other teams ability to slide this season we have to improve and by quite a bit ourselves if we want to win more games and play with more confidence!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:32 pm

thanks for the report panther magic. I'm feel pretty optimistic about our chances this season.
looking at last year, I believe we lost quite a few games by a few kicks and we were in it up until 3/4 time in a lot of games-even though we were cripppled at times with a huge injury list .From what I've heard this year the players will be quite a bit fitter than last year;and seeing that we have kept most players from last year, added a few handy recruits I can see us really pushing some of the top sides and winning quite a few more games than last year- if we have a bit of luck for a change with injuries. Cool
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:27 am

New lights, new jumper & socks, sounds exciting. Appears to be a lot of positive energy for once and then you starting seeing predictions for the year. Not that the bookies or intellects on footy forums know everything.
So there is an expectation for us to be bottom again. I suppose that is easy for people historically. I'm hoping that is not justified and will be proven wrong.
We've kept our best 10 from last year. Add recruits Wundke, Stribling and Daniel and virtually new recruits Thewlis, Sandery and Talia. Cross, Carey, Macleod and Ainger are going ok on the track apparently and will add depth. Bass should be better and think we'll see a bit of Cook and O'Shea.
On the negative we probably won't see as much of McKernan and Crate will be missing for a while.
That has to be better doesn't it?
Sturt and North have lost half there sides and Port have't really added any of note. What certainly doesn't help us is playing Eagles, Central, Norwood three times.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:00 pm

We will play them all around
On their home or any ground
If they will only play
a fair and honest game.

let the season begin
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 am

Yes we have basically been written off and expected to again finish last!
Stuff that! Sure everyone has their views and to be honest with our past few seasons form who could blame these predictions BUT this season has a different feeling to it.Maybe I am just being optamistic, but i have that feeling in my bones that we will be far more competetive and we should have a bit more depth.
I suppose we are looking at the bigger picture which may be a couple of years away, again stuff that!
Lets break the shackles and prove the doom sayers wrong! If I were Ron Fuller I would stick any crappy article in the press that writes us off in the change rooms and use it as motivation to prove not only to the coaches and supporters but themselves (the players) that they can do it, and that they are not willing to be pushed around anymore! Lets go down Brighton road and beat that horrible nemesis wearing black and gold, and as tough as it sounds lets beat that beast from the north!
I am always proud of my club, but I would really love, just like every other person involved in this club to walk with an extra skip in my step!
With hard work big things can happen maybe we can DARE TO DREAM!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:02 pm

how many wins do think should be minimum? 5
what is the maximum amount of wins we will have? 7-8
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Not falling into that trap again.....Smile
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:35 pm

i would like to think between 8 to 12 wins any less would be a waste of another year
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:11 pm

I will take any win that comes along.

It would be nice to win every game by a solitary point, not only would we finish in top spot with no losses, all the other clubs will have to lift to beat us, now that would make for a terrific competition this year
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Some wins after round four would be nice.

In touch of finals action I reckon would be pretty good. Less than 5 or 6 wins would be disastrous.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Its so hard to predict, but improvement across the board should translate into more wins. With some luck a low injury count will also help our cause.
Why put a cap on how many wins we can manage?
I doubt very much we will be the wooden spooners this season

Last edited by panther magic on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 pm

My sentiments exactly 'pm'; Its difficult to quantify, but I am confident we will improve , the boys will give it a real crack & we will make a real impact this season; We are building the nucleus of a very good side; We have youth & enthusiasm, & am sure our recruits from rival clubs are out to prove point; I believe our true test will come down to mental application & perseverance this will ultimately strengthen our resolve & ability to overcome adversity;

'talent means nothing'.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Night games : should win at least 4 games out of the 6. South have a history of being a good night side.

Day games : 8 to 10 wins.

Total : Approx. 12 to 14 wins.....into the finals (4th or 5th on ladder)

There is my crystal ball prediction ....I had a dream!!!Very Happy
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:33 pm

This season will be very even.Take out Centrals and the eagles as they are going to be very strong(that does not mean unbeatable!).
Some clubs have lost too many experienced players for it to not have an impact on them this season, eg Glenelg(have good juniors though), North, Sturt and Norwood.
Bring on saturdays trial against Sturt and lets have another look at how the team gels.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Tomorrows game should give us a little more to go on. Sturts trial form has been ordinary. They need a win. Good test.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum