Round 1 v The Bloods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 1 v The Bloods

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:40 am

Who's going?
How are we feeling?
Westies have been ravaged by injury...I'm expecting a comfortable win & a great way to kick start our season.
I say this though with somewhat trepidation as history tells us....apart from last season these guys always seem to have our measure.
Abe Davis in & will expect the likes of Overall & Haren to step up in attack & kick a winning score (which we didn't do in the trials)
Our side looks strong with a number of inclusions.

South by 51-60
Go Panthers!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 1 v The Bloods

Post by B&W63 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:03 am

I'll be there with mixed feelings and a little confidence. I spent a lot of time at Westies when I was younger but over the years we haven't had a lot of success there.
However our lineup looks good and theirs is quite unknown. This game will give us an indication about where we are really at this season since the trial performances were poor.
I'm expecting a lot of people to step up to the mark from the coach down to us Smile

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:34 pm

SA 11.7 def WA 11.4

Goal Kickers: S. Overall 3, B. Haren 2, X. Gotch 2, N. Liddle, R. Barnes, B. Heaslip, A. Davis
Best Players: J. Cross, S. Overall, A. Davis, N. Liddle, X. Gotch, B. Haren

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:07 am

Was at the game happy we got the win as we didn't play our best.

Cross was great ad usual, Davis looks really good can take a grab, good leg on him and doesn't mind getting his own footy will be good to help our smaller mids out. Gotch had a massive last quarter with a couple of big goals and tackles.

I'm concerned with how slow we switched play out of the backline very slow and good teams will really strangle us if we don't move the ball quicker on the 45 out of the backline. Also we went back into our shell late in last quarter which allowed West back into the game hopefully the boys keep attacking next time.

Good first up win and when you consider Gulden, Bass, Veide, Rolfe, Redigolo & Brown were all missing there is definitely a lot of improvement to come.

Reckon we can beat the Crows next week they are not us strong as last year.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Where's Daniel Bass?

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:01 pm

A win... a win against last seasons wooden spooners and only by 3pts.
Looking at the players it seems that the new game plan is going to take a while to sink in. Some look confused and often in two minds when they had the ball.That led to some shocking turnovers and allowed West to score some pretty easy goals. Against better sides this will be very costly.
A long way to go in this season yet.......
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:46 pm

darley16 wrote:Where's Daniel Bass?

Good question, was named in the 23 for the league side but didn't appear to play in either grade. (although only 19 listed for the ressies on the rather dreadful SANFL website- so perhaps he played twos?)

Good to see Overall have a busy game first up. Will need a big year from him.

Davis impressive on debut, knows how to find the footy.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:09 am

darley16 wrote:Where's Daniel Bass?

Bass played reserves had 16 disposals. I assumed he was coming back from an injury and hopefully will be back in the league side soon.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum