SA 14-9-93 CD 9-12-66

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SA 14-9-93 CD 9-12-66

Post by Premier Panther on Sun May 21, 2017 8:38 am

Well done to the players & coaching staff....fantastic win!
Flying start in the first quarter, hunted in numbers & slick in disposal.
Pleasing to see that others stepped up, when the likes of Crossy had a quieter game by his standards.
Fair to say Centrals are a mere shadow of their former selves, when they dominated the competition.
Only disappointing aspect was that we could have won by more...late in junk time when the sting was out of the game, over finessed & leaked 4 late goals to the Dogs.
5-1 now a perfect launch pad for our season, however not getting ahead of myself, still a long way to go.
Sturt next week at home, indigenous round, looking forward to extending our winning streak at Noarlunga.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Re: SA 14-9-93 CD 9-12-66

Post by saintal on Mon May 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Good recap PP. A lonely forum these days..

My safooty post:

South kicked the first 6 goals at Elizabeth and were never threatened. The lead shot out to about 9 goals in the last before the Dogs added a few late.

Played some very good football in patches today. Worked much harder than the Dogs and cut them up through the middle of the ground. Also had the better of the aerial battles. Liked the games of some of the 'lesser lights'- Ellison, Heaslip, Taylor, Hunter etc. Joel Cross uncharacteristically quiet with 9 touches.

Dogs are the worst team I've seen so far this year, and the crowd was the smallest I've been apart of at Elizabeth. Problems at the Ponderosa.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon May 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Also a minor gripe would be that we've lost some decent % late in games this year (Glenelg, CD the two obvious ones). As we saw last season could be a factor come finals time.

Cant complain about 5-1 though.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat May 27, 2017 1:46 pm

A lonely forum these days..

Why's that?  Where's everyone gone?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon May 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Good question PP.
Earlier in the season it might have been the disappointing finish last year and then the financial situation.
Next its Gotchy's departure and we were written off regarding on field performance forecasts.
Were all of us supporters less than optomistic, perhaps but then we start winning and look great until yesterday.Sad
However we have a long list of injuries and unavailabities the season could still hold success so lets get that old South spirit back.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum