WHERE WILL WE IMPROVE IN 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHERE WILL WE IMPROVE IN 2011

Post by panther magic on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I think 2011 should hold more promise than 2010.
Finishing bottom with two wins and a draw highlight a poor season,BUT if you look deeper we did have
a) a wreched run with injury,not all first choice players,but severley affected our depth
b) a few new players into our team and new to the demands of the SANFL
d) a very young squad,surely the youngest in the SANFL
These are not excuses but I think facts and contributing factors to our poor season.
These are probably obvious and well worn words,but to improve and take the next step ALL players need to improve.Youngsters like Rolfe,Redigolo,Lyons and Perrey(all between 20-22 years old) will have to take strides forward.Some of these blokes have played around the fifty game mark so they will have to show they belong at that level.
A few new players ready made for SANFL football will need to be brought into the squad(talls!)
I suppose one positive is we have a young squad.If the players are willing to work "hard" enough and get the absolute best out of themselves then we might just be able to turn the corner.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Re: WHERE WILL WE IMPROVE IN 2011

Post by danny del re on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:32 am

saw in todays rag that former South junior Tom McNamara was delisted by the demons recently...............
danny del re

Back to top Go down

Re: WHERE WILL WE IMPROVE IN 2011

Post by Handball Happy on Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Mcnamara would fit nicely. We need a taller defender. Think talia will play more with crows. Wonder though if another afl club will give him a go though.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum