Round 14 V Bloods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 14 V Bloods

Post by prowler on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Coming along this Saturday?

Bring along a couple of sheets of Corrugated iron for the few Bloods supporters. Smile
prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 14 V Bloods

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Yep...rocking Up tomorrow.
Not really sure what to expect...surely with Westies outs...surely...maybe....well I just don't know (?)
Really depends which Panthers Outfit turns up (?)
Congrats Lids on 150 games...you little champ! Do it for Lids!
Congrats Rolfey ..he's back & hopefully can jag a bag!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:28 pm

If we don't get the win this week the alarm bells would be ringing hard !

Some big outs for Westies and we have a pretty good solid side selected.

No excuses this week.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Well that was complete crap!
Hocking has lost the players, that is completely clear!
Take nothing away from Westies they were hungier, worked harder & cleaner skills, & yet understrengthed with 2 key playmakers out...shows where we are as a club!
Visionary - I can't see it, when you continually hit the opposition on the chest!!!
Can Do - Too hard for the players, playing as individuals, no team cohesion or work rate!!
United - Internal Implosion!!!
These are not values, just words!!
I'm pissed tonight....& I feel most for Nick Liddle for his 150th.
Create our future???
Members/Supporters are sick of being let down every season!
Where do we go from here?
Start planning for 2018, & work out who is committed & who is not??
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Like you PP, I am completely pissed off tonight.  It is the first game ever....and I mean ever !!! I have walked out before the end of the game.  (about 15 minutes into the last quarter)
Most of all,  my heart breaks for Nick Liddle. It was disgraceful that a team came out and dished that utter crap out for him today.  Shameful , utterly shameful.  i was embarrassed as a supporter for him today.  If I was a player after the game I could not even look him in the eye tonight.  Pathetic !!!
If body language, attitude and performance is anything to go by.....we really are in BIG trouble.  Obvious to me, the players are not playing for the coach,  Something is dramatically wrong,  we have Eddy missing from last year as a key player.  That's it.  Same side really.  Players are confused, disorganized and lost their own self belief in themselves.  They are scared to make decisions too (are they frightened of the coach ??)
We have gone backwards are a alarming rate its scary !!!
Skill errors were appalling today.  Simple handballs missing targets by metres (not even close!!) Missed kicks,  weak tackles,  kicking backward with the wind behind you (WTF???).......Awfully coached today.  Just awful.  
Sorry for the rant but you will lose players, supporters very quickly if this continues.  Love my club but this crap at the moment is heartbreaking to witness !!! Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 pm

You have every right to rant P74, our club, that we all love, follow & support so passionately & so desperately wish to see succeed, in its current state is on a path of self destruction!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Premier Panther wrote:You have every right to rant P74, our club, that we all love, follow & support so passionately & so desperately wish to see succeed, in its current state is on a path of self destruction!

After today, it's not looking good mate. Quite deflated tonight Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:38 pm

What the heck is happening, the last 5 weeks has seen our whole season disappear in front of us, where is the fighting spirit that we had earlier when we could take the game on and win those tight games, was it all just luck that got us those wins that made us a competitive team, others had to have a plan against us, we had to be one step ahead of them, but were we asleep at the wheel?
I don't believe the players have just sat back and thought it was going to happen by itself, I give them more credit than that. We have the same core of 6 or 8 players that have been the spark within the fire. What does this say about the support group of players around them, are they good enough to take us to another level or are they just another bunch of players that will never make it and we have tried quite a few as we have taken a ride down the rankings.

Just hope the whole playing group gets behind the Coach, his panel, be prepared to lift themselves and achieve something from what was seen to be the season that we have all been looking forward to for so long.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:14 am

We have gone backwards this year at an alarming rate. Hocking is not the man to take us to a premiership and he clearly has lost the players . Hocking should be sacked ASAP this season has been an absolute disaster.
The board also have some serious questions to answer if what im hearing is true about not interviewing other potential coaching candidates!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by lappy on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:42 pm

After watching against North and glenelg in the last three weeks i wasnt surprised with the loss something is not right . I was not happy with Garry Hocking appointment untill i heard Brad Gotch he could not speak more highly of him as a coach i would not blame the board for appointing him .He has a two year contract hopefully he can turn it around as a club we would look very stupid if we sack him we all know we are not a finacial club to be paying out contracts
lappy

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:20 pm

In the last couple of months there has been very little to get excited about but I really thought we could get back on the winning track for Lids.

Early in the season (5-1) we were able to get across the line with some narrow wins even though concentration lapses let the opposition back into the game we seemed to be improving.
From that point the players appear to have lost confidence cohesion and self belief, and there is a deterioration in skill levels and intensity. We have good players returning to the side but we see a dual magarey medalist arguing with the coach during the game apparently.
Defensively we are well organised but as we progress through the middle of the ground players don't appear to know where to move the ball and entries into forward 50 are a raffle and we can't put a decent score on the board.

What the hell is happening here? There is something wrong when we have a reasonable list, some great players and some exciting juniors coming through but body language and skills are poor.

It may not be the coach perhaps but something is not right and it needs to be fixed now.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:15 pm

After results today. Port beating Glenelg, Norwood beating Adelaide ressies....we are 1 game out the 5.
Hard to believe that ! ATM we are no were near half good enough to play finals footy !!!
Results may change after the bye.

I feel we went freefall after the Sturt game. Something changed.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:33 am

It's not just this season we need to worry about. My fear is we will see a mass exodus of players & champions leave at the end of the year. Everyone can see we have gone backwards and are becoming just not competitive. Hocking's game style is way too defensive there is no plan going forward and to be honest I can't see him turning it around. His appointment has been a disaster for our great club! I'm aware the club is tight for cash but why did we not interview other candidates?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Think that is really the elephant in the room.
The thought of what players could leaving/returning home/going to a rival club at the end of the season is a pretty scary thought !
The coach really needs to manage this and bring the group together as one. It worries me.
The word "rebuilding" will be thrown around once again !!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by lappy on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:13 pm

The reason why the club did not interview other candidates for our coaching job is because Brad Gotch told the club Garry Hocking was the ideal man to take the club forward he couldnt speak more highly of him. i think every one on this forum loved Brad Gotch. he would have a pretty good idea with coaching. we could of got Ben Warren would he have been any better this year million doller question
lappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:32 pm

I think the club has to make a very quick decision late last year on who would transition from Gotch.
Hocking was available and like mentioned, was recommended by Gotchy.
Not sure if the club got other references???
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 am

Clearly we up against it for the upcoming minor round matches and the draw we have been dealt. We play Port, Eagles ,Sturt and the Crows, all above us on the ladder except the Crows.
As for the coach, Im afraid all we can do is grin and bear it Im afraid, he has another year to run on his contract and there is absolutely no way the club can afford to pay out another coach given our dire financial position. If the coach is the problem..?We will find out in the next four games... if the players are the problem..we will also find out by seasons end. There are many players,some with big names and pay cheques who are well down on form from previous years..
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Yeah i absolutely loved Gotchy as i know everyone else at the club did. He is definetly the best coach i have ever seen at the club. However saying that the club should not just hand a job to someone cause he is mates with someone else.
Collingwood did this with Buckley and its been a disaster for them.
Still would have preferred we interviewed 4 or 5 candidates and do due diligence.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum