Round 16 V Eagles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 16 V Eagles

Post by prowler on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am

Will the real Panthers return to Hickenbotham on Saturday ready to play?

We lost on the last kick of the day at Woodville last time we met, can we turn the result this time for a win?
prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 16 V Eagles

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:18 pm

This game has hammering written all over it........
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:27 pm

PP dont dishearten me before Saturday Smile
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Been a disappointing year after a great start, i felt the turning point in the season was when we last played the Eagles, up all day and lost by a point. From that moment on the players seemed to lose confidence then injuries started to take their toll. However i reckon we will compete really well this week, maybe an upset, our best is still good enough if Buddha just let's em play direct attacking man on man footy.

Noticed Trent Mills looking for coaching role for next year would be great for our underage or ressies coach. Also Keegan Brooksby good chance to return next year, not all doom down South.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:02 pm

F: Damin, Davis, Veide
HF: Schwarz, Crabb, Szust
C: Newell, Cross, Gulden
HB: Fields, Cailotto, Rankine
B: Redigolo, Durdin, Rose
R: Ellison, Heaslip, Liddle
INT: Moyle, Haines, Raitt, Bass, McKinnon

IN: Damin, Newell, McKinnon, Moyle
OUT: Hunter (hip), Barnes

Rolfe named in the twos. I would have thrown him into the league side, forward line looking very impotent. McKinnon a potential debutant.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Rolfe must have been rubbing Holy Water into his knee, it's a miricale if he plays in the two's.

If Captain Crabb plays an attacking game it could be a gift from heaven

Young McKinnon played well in the two's last week and deserves a crack on the big stage and not on the pine.

Besides Cross and Liddle, the midfield looks a bit lacking.

Other than that it looks like the best we have got.

Attack, Attack, Attack is our best weapon.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Well where did that come from and what released it.
It didnt look like a real strong side on paper and they really surprised our supporters, almost everyone I spoke to today bar 1, said they thought we would go down by anything from 6 to 10+ goals and it seemed realistic coming up against the top inform side.

Cross and Liddle were at their best, Our rucks gave us many opportunities around the ground, the defence was solid and unrelenting, Abe gave the mids every opportunity to give the ball to him and he didnt let them down and when you have a victory by 83pts, every line was a winner.

We have to take our hats off to the coaching department as todays plan must have been to tackle, harrass, and pressure them into mistakes and also to go long with the breeze and it paid off handsomely in the second term with a 10 goal quarter and the final term continued the same way and would have made the it a 10 goal if it had not been for some wayward kicking right towards the end.

Well done Panthers, lets hope you can bring this game next week to Unley.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:42 pm

From Scott on Footy SA when asked when was the last time South kicked 10goals+ in a quarter.

It's our first 10-goal quarter since kicking 13.4 in the third quarter against Sturt at Unley in Round 20, 2006.

10.6 is our highest-scoring quarter at Noarlunga since piling on 12.1 against Port in Round 12, 2006.

Extremely surprising and pleasing to see the scoreline. Unfortunately missed today's game as I was at Norwood for other reasons, and didn't think I was missing too much when I saw my first score update and we were down 0-25. Next time I looked we were up 67-33.

Looking forward to watching the replay on the digital pass now!
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Seriously, WTF did I just witness yesterday afternoon ???

Many Panther supporters looking at each other in disbelief !! I am still shocked.

Suddenly we are observers to attacking, direct, fierce football. Winning the centre breaks and getting it up forward to a target - Abe Davis (this is what we want from you !!!)

A clinical and perfect game in all accounts. Finished the Eagles off and embarrassed them.

All played well - stand outs, Crossy, Lids, Gulden, Schwartz, Haines, Fields. I could name more.

The big question for me is - why could we not produce this though out the year ?? What changed ?? I am still scratching my head.

Can we win the last 2 games and the Bays drop one of theirs ?? In the footy gods hands now.....fingers crossed Panther fans !! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Not much else to add to what has been said above. Where the hell did that come from? One of the more remarkable games I've watched, especially given the one way traffic of the first term.

Really solid games from the 'lesser lights'. A case of all played well.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Not wanting to gloat...much, but i was confident this could be an upset (see my previous post above). I had seen the frustration in the team and that this team's best is good all that was missing was some heightened motivation and the 1 point loss last time we played the Eagles was that trigger. Controlled aggression, pent up anger and you have a team on an unstoppable mission. The trick is to maintain this absolute determination for the next 2 games.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Where has that been all year?
Can't disagree with any of the above especially that up until that 1 point loss to the Eagles earlier we had looked like an improving team with players returning, and then gradually we lost confidence playing in patches until Saturday and then....WOW Shocked  Very Happy .
If that same effort is brought out over the next 2 weeks we have a slim chance. I've always rated us better than Glenelg but the last game against them when we couldn't kick a goal to save ourselves may come back to haunt us.
Its always hard following a football team but we've had it harder as Panthers.
I saw video of our last premiership in 1964 at the SANFL exhibition in black and white - I was 16! I didn't think I'd have to wait so long for another one! Crying or Very sad

B&W63

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum