Round 17 v Sturt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 17 v Sturt

Post by prowler on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:31 pm

This Saturday we travel to PMO, Unley Oval to the old school.

If we bring last weeks game with us we can push Sturt all the way and get the 2 points needed.

We cannot afford to give them a start, then try and play catch up.

The younger boys are starting to earn their place and have the hunger.

Come on, get behind them again and get them over the line

Attack, Attack, Attack is the way to go.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 17 v Sturt

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:59 am

Agree Prowler, if we don't attack and start our sideways chipping game again we are stuffed.

Place the pressure on Sturt and I reckon we can do this !

Huge challenge ahead !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:32 am

What's happened to Adam Hunter not named in either side or named as injured? Liked his footy this year.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Cannot give an opinion as I didnt get to yesterdays game.

From a couple of reports I got on the game, we came up against a team that has no intention of loosing to anyone.

Were we under manned in some areas, or did we just have a day out against the Eagles to get the win like we had?

Bad habits returned against Sturt, miss handling the ball and missing targets is a recipe for disaster.

Thank the God that we still have JC playing for us.

Next season every South supporter should give JC a brown paper bag with a couple of hungie and encourage him to stay for another season.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Attended the game yesterday. Standing between arrogant, abusive and mentally challenged Sturt supporters (but that's another story!).

From the first bounce I knew we were not going to win. You could see it and feel it. Not aggressive enough, not big enough against Sturt's hard bodied mid field. Not desperate enough, game plan non-existent from last weeks win. Players/supporters looking confused ......

Joel Cross was outstanding !!! This guy can not do it by himself !!! We have no one to help the guy. Who will be the one to stand up to be the next Joel Cross ?? I don't see it.

Some players just not up to SANFL league footy yesterday. Completely outclassed and the skills were embarrassing to watch. Goal kicking was atrocious.

We have gone backwards at an alarming rate this year.

Can not wait for the season to end and by yesterday's performance I think a few players are thinking the same !!

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:28 am

Not much to get too excited about. Cross the obvious stand-out in a game that South never really looked like winning. Played 'ok' in bursts, but as outlined above got out-worked around the ball by Sturt and lacked an aggressive desire to hunt the football. Squandered some opportunities in front of the sticks yet again. Despite a reasonable (by current standards anyway) crowd of 2300ish the game seemed to lack any real atmosphere.

With Glenelg capitulating we remain a slender finals chance, but will only be making up the numbers one feels.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum