Wundke and Stribling in talks with South

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wundke and Stribling in talks with South

Post by Panther2011 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:57 am

Panther2011

Back to top Go down

Re: Wundke and Stribling in talks with South

Post by The Growl on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 am

They've taken David Clarke from us (carefactor - did jack sh1t) Archard (that hurt a bit, but only played one final and has left the place in ruins) and now Handby (can't see him having any impact), admittadly, none locally produced.

We might get two locally produced guys, both have been on AFL lists and both still have their best footy in front of them.

Would be a great result for us. I hope the club does not do what Banger Baynes did with the Gowans and let them slip though our fingers!
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 am

Spot on Growl. The only place I can see Hanby having an impact is at the canteen. lol!

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Sounds promising,especially Wundke! Stribling is a fair player,but he would definately add to our depth.
Lets see what happens!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Direct replacements for warren and Handby who should give us a bit more than those two have been able to in recent years.
Good start if true but might need a few more.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 pm

Interesting, my mail is that Wundke has previously had some interest in playing at South before. Stribling is a player that shows some form and I dont think we have seen his best footy yet, he needs to bulk up a little in the weight room over summer and he could well be a very handy player if he really is committed to the club.

Have never been happy about the way Archard was poached from South, yet at the end of the day he clearly didnt want to be here and walked out on the club and is no longer at North after leaving them also. Hence I would suggest that the idea of having these two lads in our side is a good one, I would want to be very much convinced that they do indeed want to play for the jumper of our club including when its 5am training on a Monday morning and so on!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 pm

I think Wundke would be a great pick up as long as he gets fit. Seemed overweight last year.

Stribling can burn the ball but he was avery good tagger fro North over the past 2 years. He would be handy
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 am

Any coincidence that North seem to not have to many problems in allowing the club to speak to these two players when at the same time rumours abound that they are looking at getting Handby onto their list? - some type of player swap looming perhaps?

Also rumours are running around that Tony Pinwill from Port Melbourne who is easilly one of thier best players is looking at a move to the SANFL, think he would fit in quite ok at South if we were to go after him!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther2011 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Ben W wrote:Any coincidence that North seem to not have to many problems in allowing the club to speak to these two players when at the same time rumours abound that they are looking at getting Handby onto their list? - some type of player swap looming perhaps?

Also rumours are running around that Tony Pinwill from Port Melbourne who is easilly one of thier best players is looking at a move to the SANFL, think he would fit in quite ok at South if we were to go after him!

Unfortunatly he looks like he will end up a Bulldog, he started last pre season off with Central but had to leave around January due to a death in the family. According to my very very reliable source says Pinwell has already signed for Central if not in the next couple of days, as he was sent his contract by them Wednesday last week in the Australian Post Mail. Sad
Panther2011

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Panther2011 wrote:
Ben W wrote:Any coincidence that North seem to not have to many problems in allowing the club to speak to these two players when at the same time rumours abound that they are looking at getting Handby onto their list? - some type of player swap looming perhaps?

Unfortunatly he looks like he will end up a Bulldog, he started last pre season off with Central but had to leave around January due to a death in the family. According to my very very reliable source says Pinwell has already signed for Central if not in the next couple of days, as he was sent his contract by them Wednesday last week in the Australian Post Mail. Sad

please tell you "very very reliable source" that he is "very unreliable"
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther2011 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:37 pm

The Growl wrote:
Panther2011 wrote:

please tell you "very very reliable source" that he is "very unreliable"

Dont get me wrong i hope we get him, he will be brilliant for us but this source would 100% know where Pinwell is playing this year.
Panther2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Everytime i think of Stribling I think of a dirty little tagger...

...we could do with one of those! Twisted Evil
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Toby Pinwill will miss a bit of footy at the start of 2011 courtesy of elbow to the face of opponent during Port Melbuorne finals.
Not sure what type of player Tony Pinwill is, maybe that is why no one noticed him at Centrals pre-season last season.
Is it the same source that gave you Elijah Ware? Your credibility will be tested here Panther2011.
You don't want to find yourself being spoken about in the same circles as our old mate Woodey. Actually where is Woodey? Has he been committed again?

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Choaty wrote:Everytime i think of Stribling I think of a dirty little tagger...

...we could do with one of those! Twisted Evil

This.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:15 pm

I this weeks press and confirmed this morning on 5AA by CEO Ben, that both players have been signed by South and 3 others from Victoria, I cant remember their names, but they are all promising footballers and 1 of them kicked 86 goals for his club last season

Things are looking up.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:56 pm

the prowler wrote:I this weeks press and confirmed this morning on 5AA by CEO Ben, that both players have been signed by South and 3 others from Victoria, I cant remember their names, but they are all promising footballers and 1 of them kicked 86 goals for his club last season

Things are looking up.

Have been looking "up" at the start of every season Prowler since 1964!!! Laughing

Lets hope 2011 is different Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 am

Panther74 wrote:
the prowler wrote:I this weeks press and confirmed this morning on 5AA by CEO Ben, that both players have been signed by South and 3 others from Victoria, I cant remember their names, but they are all promising footballers and 1 of them kicked 86 goals for his club last season

Things are looking up.

Have been looking "up" at the start of every season Prowler since 1964!!! Laughing

Lets hope 2011 is different Wink

I hope it's NOT different to 1964 afro
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:23 am

you guys were alive in 64??? im feeling young at the moment, in fact we havent even played in a grand final winning or losing in my life time, i want to see a premiership before i die
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am

ryan wrote:you guys were alive in 64??? im feeling young at the moment, in fact we havent even played in a grand final winning or losing in my life time, i want to see a premiership before i die

Me tooooo drunken
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:57 pm

ryan wrote:you guys were alive in 64??? im feeling young at the moment, in fact we havent even played in a grand final winning or losing in my life time, i want to see a premiership before i die

Mate, we are that old, we can remember Jesus playing full back for Nazareth!!!. Embarassed
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 pm

the prowler wrote:

Mate, we are that old, we can remember Jesus playing full back for Nazareth!!!. Embarassed

Some of us are so old we've forgotten it was for Jerusalem.

Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm

That was before clearances came into vogue, before then you could just up and go at the end of the minor round
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Remember when Jesus said he was coming to South Adelaide to be the Centre Half Forward, the selectors had to move Peter Darley into the ruck.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:23 am

did jesus get drafted under the father son rule??
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Talking about recruiting big name footballers, although Jesus wasn't such a big name as a footballer, he was better known as a coach. His best known half time sermon (known colloquially as "The Sermon on the Mound" still resonates).

Anyway I have a vague memory from the mid sixties of South recruiting a big, big name from Tasmania. We signed Peter Hudson. Unfortunately it wasn't THE Peter Hudson, it was a B grade footballer with the same name. Can anyone else remember this or did I just dream it.
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum