Lids trains with The Power

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lids trains with The Power

Post by Choaty on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 pm

As much as I hate to hear about Chicken Liddle in another teams colours, this is great news for him. Good luck to ya mate!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/liddle-daniel-train-with-power/story-e6freckc-1225947417306

SOUTH Adelaide star Nick Liddle's eye-catching debut SANFL season has attracted interest from Port Adelaide Power.
Liddle along with Woodville-West Torrens midfielder Nathan Daniel have been invited to train with the Power.

They were both involved in running and skills drills during the Power's early-morning training session in North Adelaide today.

Liddle was recruited from Coburg in the VFL and starred by winning South Adelaide's best-and-fairest this season.

''He's won two state league best-and-fairests in a row, we brought him over to improve his footy and he has another AFL club looking at him so it's great,'' Panthers football manager Neill Sharpe said.

Daniel, meanwhile has plenty of potential but managed just six league games for the Eagles this season.

``He's a midfielder so with Cica (Justin Cicolella), Powelly (Luke Powell) and Scotty Lewis being so solid, and they played all year, he didn't quite force his way in front of them,'' Eagles coach Michael Godden said.

``But he's a young man with all the attributes of what it takes.''

Liddle and Daniel are part of Port Adelaide's train-on squad which un-earthed livewire Glenelg forward Cameron Hitchcock last year.

Hitchcock went on to boot 20 goals in his first AFL season.

Last month the Power swooped on Norwood forward Simon Phillips during trade week.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Lids trains with The Power

Post by Ben W on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Will be a massive loss to South, yet I do think he is a real chance of being drafted! - Still I will enjoy following his AFL career like both Bollenhagen and Davey!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:02 am

At this stage it's just training with them, would certainly still expect to see him in blue and white all next season.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:19 pm

I think it would be a positive for Lids and the Club if the Power picked him up.

Can't see him playing for them round 1 so will be more than happy for him to play with us.

We just don't want him pinched by an interstate club.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Good luck to the lad.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn into another Archard situation..i.e flogged on track, niggling injuries, passion lost, homesick. I'm certain Liddle is a stronger character.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:42 pm

if this power/magpies one club thing goes ahead what happens to power listed players playing for other sanfl clubs??
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Nothin yet. He will still be our player but I think in time it could happen. If crows want a reserves team it will happen.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Todayisnow on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Handball Happy wrote:Nothin yet. He will still be our player but I think in time it could happen. If crows want a reserves team it will happen.

Havent you got enough to do HH without posting in forums like recruiting some players for us?
Todayisnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm

If only. With what I do I've got plenty of time.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 pm

So, whats the latest news with Lids training at the Power,

How is he holding up?

Is he being seriously considered?

Is he fitting in with the others down there?

What are the coaches thought on him at present?

Is Ronnie happy that Lid sis being looked at, at AFL level.?

How much more work is needed for him to get to an AFL list?

Anyone know the state of play?
the prowler

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum