champions league

View previous topic View next topic Go down

champions league

Post by ryan on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:26 pm

what are peoples thoughts about the proposed champions league??
ryan

Back to top Go down

Re: champions league

Post by Ben W on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Totally in favour of the idea! Have always wondered who would win out of the SANFL premier and the WAFL premier! Am organising a footy trip to Vic for next season and will definitely be choosing a round where an SANFL side is playing at the MCG or Ethiad!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 pm

1898 - South Adelaide defeated Essendon to become Champions of the Colonies.

Not sure of the score but Prowler was there, he might remember it.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Apparently the AFL is keen to get this idea happening,or is this already a happening thing?
This would be a great concept giving all the football public a greater appreciation of the state leagues.
The AFL may the big league but without the state leagues the standard of the AFL would suffer.
Ghee I would love to get the chance to go interstate or to AMMI stadium to watch the panthers play before an AFL match! I would still make the effort without the panthers being there!
I suppose the programing of the games will be the toughest challenge facing the respective leagues,but surely this can be worked out?
It would be be an expensive exercise but I am led to believe the AFL and foxtel will putting the money in for this,so its up to all the leagues to work together to make this happen,its too good an oppurtunity to let go!
If this concept does go forward I will be going for any of the SANFL teams,(until south get there)even though the bays urk me! Wink

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeneye on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Just worry it's the AFL way of taking over all footy and the SANFL becoming the AFLSA
Greeneye

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Hopefully it will take competing clubs focus of Sanfl. And if the unthinkable should happen and we beat them in a minor round game it will give them an excuse, not just that they had a bad day.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:31 am

Greeneye wrote:Just worry it's the AFL way of taking over all footy and the SANFL becoming the AFLSA

It will be......sadly Crying or Very sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:49 pm

This format could and should work out great!
I just hope like others the AFL does not have a hidden agenda!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Make no mistake, sleazebag Dimetrio will be looking at his bank book every day once the competition gets into full swing.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeneye on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Todays paper has all 3 teams resting plyers if games are mid season , local premiership more important , could turn into another 2nd rate comp
Greeneye

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Greeneye wrote:Todays paper has all 3 teams resting plyers if games are mid season , local premiership more important , could turn into another 2nd rate comp

Yeah I dont blame them either......I would be focusing on the SANFL premiership not something the AFL/Dimmetrio has set!!!

Long Live the SANFL......I dont want the influence of the AWFUL (AFL) coming in and setting their agendas!!! Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Fellas,I think it is a great idea in principle!
I am sure the SANFL clubs would love the extra cash put up,and the exposure.
I too would rest select players,as the SANFL priemership is the main prize,but if you were good enough to get in a position to win the title of best club outside the AFL why not go for it!
I would love any of the SANFL teams to give the Western sydney giants a flogging!
As i have said before if the competition is being played without Mr AFL dush bag having a secret agenda then I am all for it!
I love all levels of footy but nothing compares to the SANFL!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeneye on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Todays paper has the top 4 sides not commiting to the league while we have ! and may play in the league . Personally I would like to become competative in the SANFL , make the finals regularly , before we worry about playing in a higher league ??
Greeneye

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Greeneye wrote:Todays paper has the top 4 sides not commiting to the league while we have ! and may play in the league . Personally I would like to become competative in the SANFL , make the finals regularly , before we worry about playing in a higher league ??

Agreed. Get things right in the local comp first before worrying about this.......lets win a SANFL premership and not worry about this. Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Whilst I totally understand about the wish to make the club competitive and play in the finals and so on (Which I do think we are doing anyway), the sight of the SAFC jumper running out onto the MCG would be pretty damn awesome and one to remember for a while!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:30 am

I tend to agree with getting things right in our backyard first. But given our results after byes this year might be a positive to be playing. Especially if we get drawn against the best from nsw, qld or tassie. I don't want a repeat of the second visit to unley this year.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:55 am

Thought i'd let you guy's know what type of prize money is at stake here.. Foxtel covers the costs of a group of 30 or so to travel, this includes players, coaches and a few medical staff etc.... should your team get knocked out in the first round, you get $5,000 which isn't all that much, not sure how much if you team continues further on into the competition, but i do know the main prize is around $40,000 if you go all the way..
It may not be a lot of money but it's great exposure for your club and sponsors and your sponsors would be delighted to see thieir logos etc exposed on tv. Iv'e spoken to a few players who think it's a great idea and can't wait to see if it happens.
Cheers.
Admin

http://panthers.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes there are negatives,but the chance for the players to test themselves against other teams from different leagues would be great!
I would go and watch any SANFL side battling it out against an interstate rival!
The top three teams really should jump at this,yes there are probably some issues but it could be a big boost fot their respective clubs!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:30 pm

A club that hasn't won a game since Anzac weekend should not be running around in a "Champions League" Laughing

Makes a mockery of the idea really. But I can see a few positives for the club obviously if this does occur.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:15 pm

I really hope the top three clubs can work with the AFL to get this sorted out!
For me the SANFL comes first,but this potentially could be great exposure for the top three teams.
I would love for the panthers to be out there against the top teams from other states but it would be a tad hollow if this is how it happens!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeneye on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Yes I would love to see us playing the best from WA and Vic , but let's earn the right . How would turning up at the MCG and putting in a performance like at Unley late in the season , average loss over the last two seasons about 20 goals . I was there and was gutted
Greeneye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum