Jordan McMahon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jordan McMahon

Post by Darley on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Rumour on SA footy that talks between Jordan McMahon & South are well advanced.

Is anyone aware of this. Would be a very handy player
Darley

Back to top Go down

Re: Jordan McMahon

Post by The Growl on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Darley wrote:Rumour on SA footy that talks between Jordan McMahon & South are well advanced.

hope they are not true - prefer the clubs approach this so far this year and last year, of young guys on their way up - not old blokes on the way down.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 pm

The Growl wrote:
Darley wrote:Rumour on SA footy that talks between Jordan McMahon & South are well advanced.

hope they are not true - prefer the clubs approach this so far this year and last year, of young guys on their way up - not old blokes on the way down.

Disagree. It is no use having the youngest team in ths SNAFL. We've been there and done that for the last 20 years. We need to leven the ranks with experience, we do not have enough players in the 100 -150 game range.

We can not keep feeding players with boys bodies into the mill.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:12 pm

No mail on that specific rumour Darley, although its fairly obvious that the rumour mill at the club has been dropped back quite a bit which is a good thing for the club.

I am not opposed to him playing for the side, yet want to be very sure that its because he wants to play for the SAFC jumper. He comes from Glenelg, so I am a little surprised that he would not want to go back there. Likely he would not count as an Import as he is ex SANFL so that could be one reason why he is on the clubs radar.

Quite happy with the clubs recruiting so far, I was critiszed for saying last season that if we kept 50% of the juniors we had recruited for 2010 we would do well and I stand by that, its unrealistic to assume that 100% of all junior development type players are going to make the grade in the SANFL and I think our strike rate is pretty good, although losing McKenna back to Tassie is a real loss as that lad has some talent that will only get better in years to come and had he stuck it out at South I do think he has the capacity to be one of the best players in our side. Clearly again we are having a go at some good juniors and like it or lump it, its not set in concrete that all of them will make the grade in the SANFL, hence its probably wise for the club to look for 2-3 spaces on the list for the marquee type players that are expected to lift the side immediately and offer the leadership roles to the junior group to bring the whole group forward. Snare the right players and our list looks pretty good and one that will so some damage to other SANFL clubs this season!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Definately not half the player he was at the bulldogs three or four years ago but I am sure if we did get him he "could" be of benefit to our young squad.
I am pretty certain there are other players out there that would be a better fit,but thats up to the club,and anyway these are only rumours!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:28 am

he's off to the Bay cheers
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:34 am

Some may well be disapointed with that decision, yet he is Glenelg through and through and I feel that we have been there and done that before, for fairly obvious results. Gives us the opportunity to have a go at another player at the close of the rookie drafts today anyway!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Not the end of the world.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Obviously did not want to come to the club anyway.....
Panther74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum