Bearded Clams @ SAFC tonight.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bearded Clams @ SAFC tonight.

Post by Choaty on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 am

I know this is not REALLY football related, but 2 of my favorite things colide tonight: The South Adelaide Football Club, and 90's punk rock!

From RIP IT UP MAGAZINE.
Legendary Adelaide punks The Bearded Clams are re-forming for a one-off gig next January with fellow local icons Mere Theory and Passion Lizard. It's a pretty rare opportunity to catch The Clams live in the flesh as most of the band currently reside overseas.

The Bearded Clams were part of an Adelaide music scene on the brink of explosion in the 1990s. Bands like The Mark Of Cain, Testeagles, Clowns Of Decadence and Iron Sheiks would fill venues across Adelaide, earning a national and international reputation in the process. The Bearded Clams were part and parcel of this once burgeoning Adelaide punk scene, earning a reputation as one of the country's best live bands at the time. Now, years after disbanding, The Bearded Clams are returning for a one-off reunion concert.

The Bearded Clams, Mere Theory and Passion Lizard play South Adelaide Football Club on Sat Jan 8. Tickets on the door.

If anyone is keen for a catch up beer/feed beforehand, PM me.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearded Clams @ SAFC tonight.

Post by Choaty on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:15 am

Just for giggles, thought I'd post a couple of pics from the show last night.
For the record, they turned a good 150/200 people away from the door as it was a sell out.

Not sure where Keyser got this jumper from - No. 45 for the record... anyone help there?

In other club news, The new light towers are all at the ground and foundations done by the looks. Should just be a case of bolt down, plug in and play!

Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:18 am

i remember seeing the bearded clams, wheres the pope and clowns of decadence at noarlunga in about 97 i reakon, they had a stage set up in front of the grand stand and the crowd was on the oval, noone was turned away that night
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:55 pm

That very show was spoken of last night Ryan - Pretty sure I was O.S. when they played it though. Gigs like that you can't rewind for....

Footnote: There would be a LOT of sore 40 year old bodies this morning! Been a long time since I've seen that much crowd surfing and stagediving.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum