Oval Lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oval Lights

Post by darley16 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Wonderful to see night footy at Hicky Oval but the pictures on facebook don't feel me with confidence. Spindle pencil-like tower with only a few light banks up top. Is this new technology as there doesn't appear there will be enough light to be generated to floodlight an oval our size. Norwood's lights and towers are substantial in both number of actual lights and the structure of the towers themselves and give fantastic coverage. Richmond and Elizabeth are poor to the point of disappointing i trust we have researched this expensive excercise to gain maximum effect...time will tell. While on facebook photo's me thinks the boys look fitter and stronger than last year, good early signs.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Re: Oval Lights

Post by westwing on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:28 pm

not sure but I think ours are identical to those at richmond.
westwing

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:10 am

darley16 wrote:Wonderful to see night footy at Hicky Oval but the pictures on facebook don't feel me with confidence. Spindle pencil-like tower with only a few light banks up top. Is this new technology as there doesn't appear there will be enough light to be generated to floodlight an oval our size. Norwood's lights and towers are substantial in both number of actual lights and the structure of the towers themselves and give fantastic coverage. Richmond and Elizabeth are poor to the point of disappointing i trust we have researched this expensive excercise to gain maximum effect...time will tell. While on facebook photo's me thinks the boys look fitter and stronger than last year, good early signs.

do you really think the club would undertake a $.4M project without "researching the exercise to gain maximum effect"? My understanding is the project is very similar to that of West and Central, PLUS we have the addition of the existing light structures on the wings. Won't be as good as Norwood, but I suppose if comes down to dollars and cents and what can be justified. They'll be better than every other club in the league bar Norwood, which I think we should be proud of.

Can't wait for the first night game.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:50 am

if the lighting isnt bright enough we can always get everyone to turn their headlights on...problem solvered haha
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:41 pm

One thing for sure, if we dont get it right, then we will be laughed at again.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum