Captaincy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Captaincy

Post by Ben W on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Will be interesting to see who gets given the role of Captain for 2011! Last time around IMO Ben Warren seemed to be the right choice, yet its clearly not the case any more.

Although I think Thelwis or Crabb will get the nod, my tip would be for Cockshell to be a good candidate for the role, skilled player, vocal on the field, leads from the front. Has stuck with the club through some pretty lean years since recruited to South, think he may also be well placed to cope with the extra attention and pressure of the position. Time will soon tell no doubt!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Captaincy

Post by Spiritof64 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Would have to be from those 3
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by westwing on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Murphy for mine.
westwing

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm

the problem with Thelwis he is bit injury prone i go for Murphy as he is a local boy and he has come through all the grades
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Personally Thewlis....but injuries worry me a bit.

Murphy...still young and I think needs a few more years under him. Still he is a huge rolemodel for the young kids coming through.

I do like Cocky though....loud, hard at it and a real fighter who has stuck with us. Undisiplined sometimes but I can live with that...we need some hardness sometimes.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:34 pm

just a thought Nick Little clearly our best player
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:39 am

I note in the Messenger this week that Thewlis and Cockshell aren't in leadership group. So unlikely they'll get the nod I would have thought.
They do seem to lead on the field. Interesting they aren't in it.
Crabb's played the longest at the Club. All the others mentioned have really only played a year at South. Tough at full back but think Crabb will get the nod.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Handball Happy wrote:I note in the Messenger this week that Thewlis and Cockshell aren't in leadership group. So unlikely they'll get the nod I would have thought.
They do seem to lead on the field. Interesting they aren't in it.
Crabb's played the longest at the Club. All the others mentioned have really only played a year at South. Tough at full back but think Crabb will get the nod.

Does he really have a big voice out there??
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Crabb and Murphy are the only ones to have been groomed towards the captaincy if Thewlis and Cockshell are being overlooked.

Murphy would be my first choice, he has a bright future ahead of him, whether it be with South or an AFL club

O'Keefe would make an ideal captain if he had been with us longer, and we knew if his plans were to stay with us for the next 5 years to stabilize the team as it goes about consolidating it status in the League.

I hate the word re-building, we have used it for the last umpteen years and it hasn't got us anywhere, I have used consolidating in its place.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeneye on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Heard a whisper , the 3 guys wearing the clash strip will be our leadership group , looks good to me
Greeneye

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Nick Murphy announced today, with Crate as VC. Well done and good luck lads. Do the jumper proud.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by westwing on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Congrats to Nick ,think you will find VC is Brad Crabb. Two local products and two very fine young men. Smile

Last edited by westwing on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
westwing

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:00 pm

A great appointment.Well done lads...
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 pm

westwing wrote:Congrats to Nick ,think you will find VC is Brad Crabb. Two local products and two very fine young men. Smile

Spot on Westwing - new I should have consulted SAFC.com before the Advertiser!!!
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/panthers-skipper-named-tonight/story-e6freckc-1226019790766

Sorry Crabby!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 pm

A positive appointment for the club.

Two better appointments could not be found withing the playing group, I am sure that all Southies both young and old will be behind these two lads to lead the Club into the future

From here on it can only be onwards and upwards.

Cant wait for the season to kick off.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum