panthers v sturt trial

View previous topic View next topic Go down

panthers v sturt trial

Post by panther magic on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Well it was an interesting game on Saturday night. I thought Sturt might be on the canvas after their first two trials but beside the result against us I thought they were quite good!
Yes we won the game but I thought we were out gunned in the first half. Sturt seemed more cohesive and ran exteremely hard and we seemed a little overwhelmed by their pressure.
We improved after half time and seemed to run the game out better than them, our defence stood firm and got better as the game went on.
We were pretty well beaten in the ruck which you would expect without Cocky and Bass, so I am assuming he would be back in the league team along with Sandery next week?
Over the course of the match I would say Sturts skills looked sharper than ours,our endevour was better than theirs after half time so It was a very interesting game to watch.
I thought young Trevena showed some promising signs and Nathan Lyons did quite well besides a couple of errent disposals.
In summary our effort could not be questioned but there are areas of our game that looked a little rusty and need some attention(skills under pressure and awareness!) I would think there will be a few changes to our team come round one with probably a couple more AFL listed players coming in aswell as Sandery and Cocky.
Yes we won and we were ok in the second half but this is only a trial and I hope we are more swiched on come round one. If every one thought Sturt might be a punching bag this season I would not be so sure, they had some players with real pace that used the ball very well especially Jeaensh from the crows and ex hawks midfielder Cameron Stokes.
Cant wait until round one!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Re: panthers v sturt trial

Post by paul on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 pm

what pleased me is that we won all grades as sturt have been strong in all grades in the past to me it tells me where heading it the right direction i cant handle being bottom in every grade it just doesnt give you hope
paul

Back to top Go down

Re: panthers v sturt trial

Post by bluecat on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:54 pm

There was good fast ball movement from defense. The boys looked for each other. There's good target up forward . Good one on one marking comps, especially around goal, but what really impressed me was the team spirit. They didn't give in. I know it's early days and we shouldn't get too excited but I like what I see. Looking forward to see how they perform away, especially down at Alberton.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum