Round 2 - South v North

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 2 - South v North

Post by Choaty on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 pm

A good hit out against The Eags last week - only arrived at the game 5 minutes into the third... Prob around the time we were dominated for that 15 minute period. The boys should be dark with themselves over that mistake, and have something to prove this week at the Club's first hit out under lights. The lights look great. Hope conditions are fine and we bag our first points for 2011. NO EXCUSES!

I'll be heading down with a group to celebrate Night Footy in the south... Roll call?!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2 - South v North

Post by the prowler on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Cant make it this match, next time tho
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Back from hols and raring to go.

Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Over the 40+ years of following South there has been 3 games that have filled me with great excitement and anticipation, 1979 GF, 1995 first Noarlunga Home game and now this game Saturday night. Let's hope for all the promotion and cost the club is spending on this night that at least a crowd of 5k turn up and our boys do us and themselves proud with a win!
I CAN'T WAIT.....TEAR INTO EM PANTHERS!......(calm, must stay calm)...

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:56 pm

As said above a must win game! We played well against the Eagles for two quaters, decent for one, and plop for one.
I doubt that inconsistency will be good enough this weekend.
The gap between our best and worst has to be closer.
Against the Eagles we put them under huge pressure in the first half, but the pressure was non existent in the third quater and bye bye game!
This game against North has been built up big time, and lets hope we can match the occasion with a stirring win!
* On a whole the players put in a good effort last weekend but a couple had shockers! lets hope they get the oppurtunity to redeem themselves!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Sick of losing to North the past 5 years (those two losses out at Prospect last year were hard to take for differing reasons).

Time to turn it around.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Yep, doesn't seem that long ago that I walked away from Prospect's concrete jungle suffering from a 99pt hiding.
Will be turning up with early season confidence this week, and like Darley said, a match to be excited about. Let's hope the place is heaving!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Very nervous about this one!!!

Hope we dont put all this effort into it (like the 1995 opening of Noarlunga) and do a fizzer Crying or Very sad

The pressure will be on to make our mark with this game and bring the people of the South to come out the woodwork and follow us.

Alot riding on this one ladies and gents Shocked

North will be out to spoil our little party!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:15 am

im so pumped for saturday, got a few people coming down. I even got the night off work to really enjoy the festivities, fingers crossed i win the $10,000 too
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by bachy2 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 am

carn south!!!
bachy2

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 pm

ryan wrote:im so pumped for saturday, got a few people coming down. I even got the night off work to really enjoy the festivities, fingers crossed i win the $10,000 too

Bad luck - I got it sewn up. Pity I couldn't get a T to fit though. Saw a guy wearing one at Woolies on Beach Road, it looked good.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Go you panthers!!! ... Great centre spread in the Advertiser.. should be a good test tomorrow night.. really looking forward to it
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:43 pm

go panthers!
lets christen the lights with a great win over the roosters!!!
,best wishes from tipperary,ireland.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:55 pm

GO YOU PANTHERS!!!!

12pts, had my heart in my mouth as the last 1/4 wound down! So good to see us finally get one back and for our group to get a win!

We struggled in the Ruck and our goal kicking (in pretty ordinary conditions) left a little to be desired, yet what encouraged me so much about our game was the sheer dominance of our midfield to win the ball around centre and to keep pushing forward and not only winning the vital contests but seeing our young rovers hunting and winning the ball around the packs.

Bloody awesome to win it tonight, time to celebrate!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Luvverly night. Only spoilt by the posts holding the screens behind goal. I wasn't the only one getting them mixed up with the goal posts under lights.

Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 am

Spiritof64 wrote:Luvverly night. Only spoilt by the posts holding the screens behind goal. I wasn't the only one getting them mixed up with the goal posts under lights.

Maybe if they swapped them there would be more goals than points??? Laughing

Seriously...awesome win!!! Great to beat North....may there be many more wins in 2011!!

Well done guys Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:33 am

Panther74 wrote:
Spiritof64 wrote:Luvverly night. Only spoilt by the posts holding the screens behind goal. I wasn't the only one getting them mixed up with the goal posts under lights.

Maybe if they swapped them there would be more goals than points??? Laughing

Seriously...awesome win!!! Great to beat North....may there be many more wins in 2011!!

Well done guys Smile

with you Panther 74 - I only saw positives - plenty to blieve in if our on and off field team can keep those sort of efforts up - well done South cheers
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:04 pm

sounds like a great win and hopefully the beginning of some better performances.
Cant wait to get back to oz!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Yep, great game by the boys: had almost zero voice by the end! An interesting stat: South only kicked more behinds than goals ONCE last season, and from memory the season prior wasn't too dissimilar.
8.21 is a huge trend swing in that respect. On a swirly wet night you can probably forgive it, and definitely be impressed by the 29 scoring shots. Now that's been a while!!
Cocky, Cooke and Gotchy all looked to have picked up some niggley muscle strains during the match, but all returned to the field.
Bring on the Dogs!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:24 am

Was a great win - was surreal listening to it on my iphone whilst helping to build a fence in the sunshine in Birmingham! Was nice to be able to listen to a game at a respectable hour to. :-)

From the radio it sounded like there was plenty of people supporting the Panthers which was great. The effort and desire of the side sounded expectional although that last quarter was terrifying! Looking forward to a trip home and May and seeing the Panthers play Sturt underlights. A few more wins to come this year I am sure :-)

UKP

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 am

The club and the playing group did what we all hoped, they did us all proud, on and off the field. Had to pinch myself, this was the same club that for the majority of our 130+ year history had no home ground, no money and struggled year after year to survive against the odds. Now i sit in a wonderful grand stand next to the best SANFL club facilities watching SAFC under fantastics lights and beat a good opposition with pace, courage and skill. Well played (liked Ainger's work on Allaway and Crabby never put a foot wrong along with big Adam Cockshell determination playing on one leg in the last 1/4) , well coached and a well organised and promoted event.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Yes well done panthers! I really enjoyed the game but was very worried during the last 10 mins of the match! We nearly found a way to lose a match we should have won by a far more significant margin!
With that sort of effort and a bit more polish infront of the sticks there is no reason why would should fear the dogs this weekend!
Centrals were woeful against westies on friday night, I have never seen them more inept!
They had had there time in the sun, lets give them back some of the pain and misery thay have inflicted on us!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:06 pm

firmly entenched here in tipperary,ireland
- not a set of goalposts in sight; missing the sanfl desperately.Hurling is the sport/lifestyle/religion in this part of the world. Hopefully the boys can keep up the good work 'til I return;

go panthers!!!

UKPanther wrote:Was a great win - was surreal listening to it on my iphone whilst helping to build a fence in the sunshine in Birmingham! Was nice to be able to listen to a game at a respectable hour to. :-)

From the radio it sounded like there was plenty of people supporting the Panthers which was great. The effort and desire of the side sounded expectional although that last quarter was terrifying! Looking forward to a trip home and May and seeing the Panthers play Sturt underlights. A few more wins to come this year I am sure :-)

UKP
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Some great pics of the night up on the SAFC Facebook page for all you social networkers!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum