round 3 centrals vs south

View previous topic View next topic Go down

round 3 centrals vs south

Post by Paradigm_shift on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 pm

lets hope for a good showing to many dreadful thrashings at Elizabeth for too long
no better time to do at the start of the year with centrals usually slow starters and with tv coverage
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Re: round 3 centrals vs south

Post by darley16 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Yep, but it's the ABCTV coverage worries me, can't recall the last time i watched us win a TV broadcast game. But, no better time than now!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah the ABC coverage worries me too......had some embarrassing showings for the state and other parts of the country to see!!

Hope this changes this week Very Happy
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 pm

The last 'success' we had on ABC TV was our draw against Sturt last season... With Cocky's infamous "f@!k up" in the post game chat with Soders... Very Happy

Good luck this week lads, do us all proud. I gotta work so will be a no show, but walking away as a South supporter from Elizabeth would be amazing!!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 pm

I will be making my first appearance for this year, and am looking forward to a Victory, ABC or no ABC, but will have the recorder on as a happy memory.

Actually the last three or four trips up to Elizabeth, I have found most of their supporters that have been around where I stand have been pretty fair in their comments and outlook on footy, however there is always a beanbrain amongst them to screw things up.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:56 pm

the prowler wrote:I will be making my first appearance for this year, and am looking forward to a Victory, ABC or no ABC, but will have the recorder on as a happy memory.

Actually the last three or four trips up to Elizabeth, I have found most of their supporters that have been around where I stand have been pretty fair in their comments and outlook on footy, however there is always a beanbrain amongst them to screw things up.

Personally, I have had more trouble at other clubs home grounds than Elizabeth Laughing

Dare I say their name on here...... St......u.....r........t Shocked
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:33 pm

darley16 wrote:Yep, but it's the ABCTV coverage worries me, can't recall the last time i watched us win a TV broadcast game. But, no better time than now!

Last TV game we won at the Ponderosa, was probably the game when Nathan Genovese broke his arm. Not sure when that was.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:58 am

Last win up there was 1999 apparently.

Laird will have the Doggies hell bent on turning around last week's disaster. Despite this, I hold a surprisingly high level of optimism.

Have to start well and lead at 1/2 time. If we're 3 or 4 down it's as good as over.

Anybody know Talia's injury status?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:00 am

We should have far more pace across the ground, yes the dogs have been the bench mark for the past decade but dynastys dont last forever!
The last two performances of ours have shown we are heading in the right direction.
Our midfield and defence has been solid BUT despite Wundkes good efforts up forward we are definately short another forward!
I believe New recruit Andrew Ainger played as a forward for his side in the canberra league and booted 86 goals in 2009. Surely if we are struggling to take advantage of our forward entries he should at least be considered to play along side Wundke? Taking him out of our defence I suppose is robbing peter to pay paul, but this move should be strongly considered. A win against the Dogs would be really heartning, believe in yourself panthers!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 pm

People have mentioned that Central got a belting last week and will be under pressure to win and salvage some pride. I would suggest that there is far more pressure on our own side to get a decent win over Central after not having won a match their since 1999. We have played some good footy in recent weeks, we play on a bigger oval than a number of SANFL venues and if we are serious about moving up the SANFL ladder then the day has to come when Centrals get well beaten by us.

Cook and Perry are likely outs for the club this week, clearly then others have to step in if we are to continue our form over North. I feel that its not unreasonable to suggest that our current list has the capacity to play some pretty good improved football this year and there is no reason why it wont be this week, think the result will be much closer than what some of the so called experts are predicting!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Murton on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:09 am

[/quote] Last TV game we won at the Ponderosa, was probably the game when Nathan Genovese broke his arm. Not sure when that was.[/quote]

And a Genna classic as he was going off with his arm at right angles turns around and yells "stick it up em boys". But the greatest recent memory of Elizabeth is Ozzies face down on the stretcher departure after doing his string one day.

Good to see Ben, Oz and Ron have the club going in the right direction.

Go South!
Phil Murton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Central - 25.10 = 160
South - 13.5 = 83

South Adelaide drove up to Elizabeth Oval, - were given a thrashing then drove home again in pretty familiar style to every season since 1999. Not a great deal more to report.

I realise its a 5year plan and so on, yet to not even match it with a side that got thumped last week is a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Anyway off to watch the Showdown, lets hope the Crows get a bit better result!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Ben W wrote:Central - 25.10 = 160
South - 13.5 = 83

South Adelaide drove up to Elizabeth Oval, - were given a thrashing then drove home again in pretty familiar style to every season since 1999. Not a great deal more to report.

I realise its a 5year plan and so on, yet to not even match it with a side that got thumped last week is a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Anyway off to watch the Showdown, lets hope the Crows get a bit better result!

Centrals were so far ahead of us ( I mean far, far ahead) they made us look second rate.

Once again the televised South games we dish up embarrassing performance like this one. We looked flat, lacked basic skills, shocking turnovers, easily taken off the ball.........it was awful to watch. If we cant match Central in at least being competitive then we are in BIG trouble Shocked
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Another year, another Elizabeth massacre.

Dogs too good. Thomas BOG. South..well, skill level left a little to be desired, and at times we looked simply lost. Too many dogs ran loose all afternoon. (the goal to Stansbury late in the first half when he waltzed down the spine of the ground unattended summed up the day). Would love to know how many goals the dogs kicked from less than 20 metres out through having extra men at the contest.

Tough day out for Wundke, but we need to be smarter going forward. The desperate long bomb into 50 didn't reap too many rewards today. Missing a Rolfe type who can be a clever crumber.

Free kick count: 34-15 Dogs way. Far too undisciplined and second to the ball.

Gotta get back on track and turn around a poor recent record against Port on Thursday.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:02 am

The day we can go to Elizabeth and take the two points we will know it has turned. Hope I'm alive.
We need to respond this week like they did. We were awful.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:45 am

we should put in a request not to have our matches against centrals at Elizabeth on tv.
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:01 am

Panther74 wrote:Yeah the ABC coverage worries me too......had some embarrassing showings for the state and other parts of the country to see!!

Hope this changes this week Very Happy

Told you so.....nothing changed. Embarassed
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum