2011 recruits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2011 recruits

Post by Ben W on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:19 am

Thought it was interesting that Nathan Daniel bagged two goals on Thursday night. Wundke and Stribling seem to be hitting the mark as well. Think its an interesting point to ponder that we have managed three high quality recruits out of the SANFL as opposed to always recruiting out of the VFL. On that note its also interesting to note that its usually us that loses player to other clubs. Makes a change for the wheel to turn for once!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 recruits

Post by saintal on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:21 pm

We've done ok in recent times, with Sandery and Cockshell also.

Whilst the lower profile of the three, Daniel could be a really nice pick up. Reasonably good skills, runs hard and has kicked a goal or two each week.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Our recruits have defintely helped us improve our standard of football!
Stribling has added some grunt and has probably been our best performer so far, Wundke is our main target up forward and has been quite good.Nathen Daniel has showed some promosing signs and should only improve.
Joel Cross has also been very prominent the past few weeks and Andrew Ainger looks as though he is fitting in down back, only maybe if we get somone back in the team soon he could be put forward.
He is tall and athletic and a proven goal kicker, though maybe not at this level. Still well worth the opportunity, as probably our weakest link is our forward line at the moment.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Stribling has been my best pick. Outstanding and gets plenty of the ball as well as being hard at it!!! (something i believe South as lacked for years!!)

Wundke is great as well but I feel too much pressure is on him being the lone shark up forward. He needs help up there.

Cross, Ainger, Daniel will come better with a few games under thier belt.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Personally i would like to congratulate our footy department on our recruiting in the last couple of years, to me 95 percent have brought something to the club where as in the past im sure some players were coming just for their superanuation, im sure if we can keep this group well only get better I really hope the club are trying to sign these players up for the next couple of years i would hate to see Liddle , Hor ne and co leave at the end of the year
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum