Round 6 - West v South

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 6 - West v South

Post by Choaty on Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm

No excuses this week! Fresh legs and bodies after the break. The boys should know what they are capable of against Westies after defeating them convincingly in their Trial game a few months back.

The ole Cupido Cup is up for grabs again!
Roll call?!
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 6 - West v South

Post by darley16 on Tue May 03, 2011 11:32 am

Similar scenerio to Centrals game, Westies after a loss in a game they should have won and we're on ABCTV again, this historically would result in a loss, an opportunity exists to messure our improvement.

Would be interested to hear the clubs view on the Adelaide Oval move and how that will impact on both the SANFL comp and in particular the SAFC, I understand the 9 clubs are in favour i'd like to know why and how. Topic for our web-site hopefully.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Will be there with bells on.
I havent managed to see a kick in anger yet this season so I am looking forward to what should be a pretty good game. West will be smarting after going down to Port and we should be fresh after the bye.
Time for us to make a statement and show our intentions.
Go Panthers!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 am

West
F: Brad Fisher, Webb, Fielke
HF: F. Caruso, Lobbe, Rankine
C: Birss, Macreadie, Davenport
HB: Caire, Ferguson, Ben Fisher
B: Thompson, Silvester, Morris
R: Willits, N. Caruso, Ezard
Int: Beech, Hill, Green, Eagle
In: Eagle, F. Caruso
Out: Schmidt

South
F: Veide, Wundke, Horne
HF: Gotch, Cockshell, Macleod
C: Daniel, Murphy, Cook
HB: Cross, Ainger, O'Keefe
B: Carey, Crabb, Thewlis
R: Brooksby, Stribling, Liddle
Int: Leonard, T. McKay, Sandery, Redigolo, Lyons
In: Cook, Leonard, McKay, Redigolo
Out: Irra, Taylor

Irra to play for Sacred Heart. Rolling Eyes Hopefully the club did what it could to avoid this happening.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Utter crap.

Once again we embarrass ourselves on a national stage on TV. Embarassed

Questions need to be ask on this performance...sick of the excuses !!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sat May 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Yep... Pressureless today. Shouldn't be too many lads with the right to hold their heads up today. I did like Ainger up forward, and Lids and Stribling tried all day although the execution wasn't always there.

On a positive, I did get a $2 pie on the way out the gate.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Have to agree with you Choaty and P74, that was utter crap dished up today which should be not accepted by any South Adelaide Member or Supporter.
Now is the time for members and supporters to be demanding answers of the coaching panel, if they are unable to get the best out of the present squad, then maybe it's time for them to move on, stay home on a Saturday afternoon and mow the lawn or attempt to do something useful, and leave the coaching to Ronnie, without confusing yourselves with cleverness that none of you possess.

I have the utmost faith in our coach, just let him do it his way and stop interfering.

Now before I get the usual reply's of, stop putting the boots in, or its a young team and they need time to gel together, and lets all get behind the club, we all need to be united, thats all fine and fuzzy, but if your happy to be on the bottom of the ladder year in , year out, and you accept another 60 point plus walloping, then thats up to you, but I can tell you the overwhelming majority of Southies that I speak to are bloody well sick and tired of it.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by danny del re on Sat May 07, 2011 7:01 pm

[quote="Choaty"]Yep... Pressureless today. "

Pressureless or precious..? what a bloody feeble performance.....
There looked to be 6-7 players having a crack but the rest were lazy and disinterested, it looked like they wanted to be somewhere else rather than Richmond oval representing South Adelaide.
Its about time some of the players wiped the smirks off their dials and started to feel the same way about efforts like that, as the supporters of the club do.
To put up a performance like that on national television is a real embarrrasment ,and it must be doing some real damage to our brand.

Yes we can be swimming in money, have brand new lights,first class facilities, bright white jumpers etc but it really doesnt matter because its the same old south, we have been the laughing stock of the sanfl for years and there is no end in sight despite what we are spun. Sorry to be shitty but Im really p--- off!
Evil or Very Mad
danny del re

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat May 07, 2011 7:35 pm

West Adelaide 2005,2006,2007,2008 - Bottom of the ladder.

2009 - 6th.

Full credit to the club of West Adelaide to get back from the deep like they have done over the years. Credit where credit is due.

What the hell is different from South to West??

West have cleverly recruited well and have a side having a red hot go and "gelling" as a unit.

At South, seriously....have we seen any improvement???
I agree with Danny Del Re.....its fine putting on the lights, running raffles, new jumpers, fireworks, music, money in pokies...but the reality is we as supporters/members want to see some sort of effort and success on the field. The off field stuff can make everyone in the admin happy and patting their own backs but I personally am sick of hearing of it!!! I WANT ON FIELD SUCCESS!!!

Year after year, I pay my membership, go to every game....I have a life at home with a young daugher who has been sick but go to see if we improve year after year. I stick up for the club when people laugh at us......its really getting tiresome.

Today, well ...what do you say?? I was embarrassed to wear my scarf today. I just wanted to run under a rock at Richmond. A handful of players actually gave a s**t!!! I honesty thought of going up to Ron Fuller and saying "Ron.....got a spare jumper for me???" Some of them should hold their heads in shame!!

I am the same as other posters here...I am sick of the fuzzy gloss we get dished out. I think alot of us Southee's are seeing right through it.

Who is accountable?? BTW I fully support Ron.

Im sure some posters here will come up with some regurgitated excuses!!!

Over the BS!!! Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun May 08, 2011 11:37 am

Yesterday was awful. The hysteria on here is in keeping with yesterday - same old south. Last game most were lauding the club this week too many fireworks means we are no good.
So why is it we are ok against north and port and smashed by centrals and westies? It's basically been the same side each week.
Yesterday I think was lost between the ears. Too many still on holiday. The majority of the 21 who ran out yesterday put in a disgraceful effort. Could it be as simple as that?
We get another chance this week. Which team and which posters will turn up.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun May 08, 2011 7:10 pm

I still fill gutted not one positive to come out of yesterdays feeble effort i agree with all other posts normally you dropped five players we just dont have the depth or quality of players to make wholesale changes in todays sundays mail south are bottom in every other grade! somehow we got to get a winning culture in our club First thing i would do any under age players that are not going to be playing league footy this year let them play in their age group untill the last 5 games of the year then give them a run in the higher grades i just think we need wins in all grades so players get pride of wearing our jumper AND BREED A WINNING CULTURE
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun May 08, 2011 7:36 pm

We have clearly got a better league side than last season, yet our Reserves and Juniors are not putting any pressure on any of those player in the side to retain their positions. Despite turning our league list over, we still have a list that is "thin". Clearly this is an area we need to turn to next and its an area that involves our feeder clubs also seeing success at their own level which is another large part of the problem at South.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Turd of an effort, and clearly no excuses, BUT we had far too long between games. Sixteen days break at the early stages of a season is too long and I think it showed in our pressure and workrate! James Turner was named best in the ressies after having a few months away with a dodgy knee.He is one player that has some real potential and hope to see sooner rather than later in the league team!
Ainger did well in the last quater snaring two goals and missing a couple.
I have said all along he needs to be played forward! That is the one area we are getting belted! Our forward line cannot put enough pressure on to keep the ball in our forward zone and the opposition sides are moving the ball out far too easy.
We have a couple of blokes to come back in Rolfe and Perrey, we need them! I expect a much better effort and result this weekend! The sign of a decent side is the way they respond to a poor result! TIME TO FIRE UP SOUTH!!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum